Managing threat is an integral a part of sports activities and is achieved by growing a threat administration program. It requires leaders to prioritize the protection and welfare of individuals, fulfill moral and authorized obligations, and create an surroundings the place athletes can thrive. Together with regular indoor volleyball dangers throughout play and practices, seashore volleyball has distinctive circumstances that add one other layer of dynamics to designing a threat administration program. The sand, the solar, the wind, and the bodily depth of video games and practices create a singular surroundings. Volleyball leaders should establish, assess, and mitigate threat to create a protected and supportive coaching surroundings for athletes.
Understanding the authorized duties of a coach is on the core of growing a threat administration program. Nevertheless, which group’s solutions of authorized duties and duties can we comply with? By combining the usual consensus of a coach’s authorized duties and duties as outlined by the American Sport Training Program’s Profitable Teaching Information, USA Volleyball IMPACT, SHAPE America Nationwide Requirements for Sport Coaches, and the U.S. Heart for SafeSport, I recognized 13 authorized duties and duties of volleyball leaders. These duties are important beginning factors for growing a threat administration program. Every of the 13 Authorized Duties needs to be utilized with equal diligence and significance.
Volleyball Leaders’ 13 Authorized Duties and Obligations
- Doc – Create, acquire, and safely retailer pertinent paperwork
- Secure Setting – Present a protected bodily surroundings
- Secure Amenities – Present ample and correct amenities
- Secure Tools – Present ample and correct tools
- Plan – Correctly plan the exercise
- Warn – Warn of inherent threat
- Group – Match and equate your athletes appropriately
- Educate – Present correct instruction
- Consider – Consider athletes for damage or incapacity
- Supervise – Supervise the exercise intently
- Emergency & First Help – Present applicable emergency help
- Defend – Defend in opposition to bodily and psychological hurt from others
- Notify – Notify the suitable individual/company
These duties and duties are the muse for growing an efficient threat administration program. Danger administration packages are ongoing processes that require vigilance and adaptableness. The Danger Administration Options Collection goals to offer sensible methods indoor and seashore volleyball leaders can use to raised put together their athletes for fulfillment whereas minimizing potential threat.
Concerning the Writer
Jenny D. Johnson, Ph.D., is an Affiliate Professor at American Public College within the Sports activities & Well being Science Division. She performed indoor at UNC Greensboro, Class of ‘95, and is a Coach/Coordinator at Coast United Beach in Conway, SC, a JVA member seashore membership.