NZ vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Potential 11 Pitch Report: ODI World Cup 2023 Match 16 | NZ vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Right now | Chennai Pitch Report
Whereas New Zealand vs Afghanistan may appear like a boring contest on paper, the sport gained’t be a one-sided affair by any means. A number of components will make this encounter fascinating, with some good high quality cricket promised at spin-friendly Chennai.
New Zealand are flying excessive on the again of their unbeaten run within the event, with their newest victory coming towards Bangladesh. Bowling first, the Kiwis restricted the Bangla Tigers to a mere 245, because of Lockie Ferguson’s three-fer and two wickets every for the opposite two pacers – Trent Boult and Daryl Mitchell. Whereas batting, New Zealand have been taken residence by Kane Williamson (78) and Daryl Mitchell (89), with Devon Conway (45) additionally making helpful contributions.
Afghanistan scripted historical past by defeating the World Champions, England, in Delhi a few days in the past. Rahmanullah Gurbaz batted brilliantly for his 80, whereas Ikram Alikhil (58) and Mujeeb Ur Rahman (28) took them to a preventing complete. Whereas bowling, Mujeeb Ur Rahman starred once more with a three-wicket haul, whereas Rashid Khan additionally dismissed three batters handy Afghanistan solely their second, albeit huge, World Cup victory.
- Date: October 18, 2023.
- Time: 2:00 pm (India), 9:30 pm (New Zealand), 1:00 pm (Afghanistan).
- Location: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
Kane Williamson suffered an damage to his thumb and will probably be out of motion for some time once more. Will Younger will slot into the XI, with Rachin Ravindra shifting to No. 3.
New Zealand: 1. Devon Conway, 2. Will Younger, 3. Rachin Ravindra, 4. Daryl Mitchell, 5. Tom Latham (c & wk), 6. Glenn Phillips, 7. Mark Chapman, 8. Mitchell Santner, 9. Matt Henry, 10. Lockie Ferguson, 11. Trent Boult.
Afghanistan are unlikely to tinker with the successful mixture.
Afghanistan: 1. Rahmanullah Gurbaz, 2. Ibrahim Zadran, 3. Rahmat Shah, 4. Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), 5. Azmatullah Omarzai, 6. Ikram Alikhil (wk), 7. Mohammad Nabi, 8. Rashid Khan, 9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman, 10. Naveen-ul-Haq, 11. Fazalhaq Farooqi.
- Devon Conway will probably be essential for New Zealand to counter the standard Afghani spinners at a venue the place he has performed a lot. He has 229 runs at a strike price of 104.09 in three innings this World Cup.
- Rachin Ravindra will contribute with each bat and ball within the recreation. He has 183 runs at a median of 91.50 and a strike price of 114.38 in three innings this World Cup. Ravindra additionally has two wickets to his identify.
- Daryl Mitchell performed a high quality knock of 89* within the earlier recreation. Mitchell will probably be essential for New Zealand at No. 4, as he handles spin properly. He also can bowl just a few helpful overs.
- Mitchell Santner has been in terrific type this World Cup. He has eight wickets at 15.88 runs apiece in three video games thus far. He could be a wizard in Chennai if the circumstances go well with him.
- Matt Henry has been amongst New Zealand’s finest bowlers within the World Cup 2023. He has been immaculate together with his traces and size, troubling the batters persistently. Henry has eight wickets at 18.25 runs apiece, dismissing a batter each 21.38 balls this event.
- Trent Boult can wreak havoc towards Afghanistan, particularly with the brand new ball. There was some swing on provide at each venue this World Cup, and Boult can get previous the Afghanistan batting unit, which has blown cold and warm.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz has been Afghanistan’s finest batter for some time now. He has 148 runs, averaging 49.33 and hanging at 100.68 this World Cup. Gurbaz was instrumental in Afghanistan’s historic victory over England within the earlier recreation.
- Ibrahim Zadran hasn’t carried out in keeping with expectations within the event thus far. He has 72 runs at a mere common of 24 in three innings. Zadran has to step as much as cowl the lacklustre batting efficiency of the center order.
- Azmatullah Omarzai will contribute to all of the departments. He has 103 runs at a median of 34.33 thus far. Omarzai has additionally taken a solitary wicket.
- Rashid Khan has proved his price again and again this World Cup. He has 5 wickets at 28.40 runs apiece. Rashid additionally has 48 runs, and his batting experience just isn’t hidden.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman will once more must be on the cash with the ball. He gained the Man of the Match award for his sensible spell of three/51 within the final recreation. Mujeeb will once more must do the heavy lifting on a gradual Chennai monitor.
- Head-to-head in ODIs: Performed 2, New Zealand 2, Afghanistan 0.
- Daryl Mitchell in ODIs in 2023: 789 runs, 49.31 avg, 96.45 SR, 2 fifties & 3 centuries.
- Ibrahim Zadran has essentially the most runs (550) for Afghanistan in ODIs this yr. He averages 42.31 and strikes at 80.41 in 14 ODIs in 2023.
- Afghanistan are the one workforce to strike at lower than 100 within the slog overs among the many World Cup groups this yr. They’ve a meagre strike price of 98.02 on this section.
- Mitchell Santner wants yet one more wicket to finish 100 ODI dismissals.
The pitches have been unpredictable all through this World Cup. The typical first innings rating in Chennai has been 224, with the groups batting first, successful 17 of 36 video games. Count on one other respectable batting monitor, with the spinners additionally having a say sooner or later within the match.
A temperature of round 32°C, with humid circumstances, is forecast.
Observe: The beneath groups usually are not based mostly on the ultimate enjoying XIs. We might not be capable of replace these in time. Use the stats and commentary on this article, in addition to your individual instincts, to create your groups.
NZ vs AFG Fantasy Superb XI: Devon Conway, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Daryl Mitchell, Ibrahim Zadran, Mitchell Santner, Rachin Ravindra, Azmatullah Omarzai, Trent Boult, Matt Henry, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman.
NZ vs AFG Match Prediction: Who will win?
It is going to be an intriguing recreation, with the Afghanistan spinners making life tough for the Kiwi batters. Nevertheless, New Zealand will go into the rubber as favourites and may win.